LOVE AT HOME 4


Run! My entirety divided against itself- the soul and the body. The soul, to leave. The body, to stay.
To run and never look back, or to stay and risk dear life. The later and dangerous option became better to me. At that moment, I thought not much about life. 
"... The two princes of our great god in the river world fought
each other because of me. Shaken to its foundation, our world turned upside-down." She spoke gently, "For this reason I was shut out of
the river world by the high gods. I can not go back to the river world until the punishment is over." She concluded her story sadly. 
"How long is that? 
"One year."
God! What should I do? 
 "So, you have just 12 months?" I asked
absentmindedly. 
"Yes. But the issue is that, I don't want to
marry any of the princes."
"Why?" 
"They are powerful, they do whatever they like, to whoever they like, and at any time they desire." 
"That's terrifying!"
"They are handsome. Both. But, I was only being coerced into marrying one of
them." Arike announced. 
"Even if she loves me. Will I be able to bear the consequences of loving her?" I thought. Coward! 
I felt a soft touch on my shoulder, "Oluwafisayomi, I have
always been sad until you stepped into this village. I have always
been lonely, until the moment I met you." Should I be happy or sad for this? 
 "People see me as a stranger even after living with them for more than
three months. But within just an hour, you made friend with
me. You have a heart full of love."
"Tsk" 
"I wish to stay here, for you. But..."
"But what?" I inquired. 
"Anybody that wants to marry me must
go to the river world, fight and win the two princes in front of
the high gods. Then he must go down into the innermost room
and bring out oghene rope which has the lock. Once these
have been done, I will be totally shut out of the river, till the
day I wish to return." She said.
I stood up instantly, carried my loads and headed to my family
house(hope you haven't forgotten how my family house looks?)
"O Lord of Nassareth, have mercy on me. Hope I haven't dip
my hands into a viper's hole." Fearful thoughts crept through
my mind.
"So I have not received a spirit that makes me fearful slaves.
Instead, I received God’s Spirit when he adopted me as his
own child. Now I call him, “Abba, Father." I recited as I went
home through the tiny path. No going back!
Onifade Oladimeji Samson Dlog
LOVE AT HOME 4 LOVE AT HOME 4 Reviewed by Onifade Oladimeji Samson on February 17, 2019 Rating: 5

4 comments:

Powered by Blogger.